click here for details (PDF)
"Our top 10% drivers in all fleets have averaged $1.68 per mile, year to date for 2013"
Actually this depends on you, how much you want to run, how well you manage your hours.
Our top 10% drivers in all fleets have ran an average 2517 miles per week, year to date for 2013
Yes, with prior approval from your driver manager.
Will I have a dedicated planner? Yes,
and the number of drivers each planner has varies by fleet, but we work every day to make sure you’re
on the road , not on hold.
Will you preplan me? Yes,we will, naturally we have to blend our customers’ needs into the mix, but we get it, if you roll, you make money, if you make money, we make money.
We'd like for your tractor to be no more than 7 years old. But here's the deal... we know that many of you take excellent care of your truck and expect it to last much longer than 7 years. We’ll work with you.
If you need more information, call one of our recruiters today at 800-695-9643, or if you are ready to apply now, click here. Should you have more questions, please check out chat tab where you can get immediate answers to most of your questions M-F 8am to 5pm EST.
Watkins provides value added service that combines both flexibility and increased capacity for customers through a network of carriers. These carriers provide a large fleet of trucks on a daily basis. Whether the need is long haul, regional, dedicated fleets or shuttle services, Watkins provides critical on-time delivery for a variety of industries.
|click here for more info.|
years of partnering with owner operators.
We know who you are, we know what you want.
- Stable, growing customer base offering you year round miles.
- One of the newest fleets of Utility trailers on the road today,
115 new units coming on line in 2014. Our goal is no trailer older than 2 years
and for you not to be sitting on the side of the road waiting on a
Newer fleet = less down time.
- Experienced, well trained back office staff committed to getting you out, keeping you informed and getting you home.
- Two company shops available to work on your trucks check out our shop rates,
- A sales and marketing group that thinks about you the operator on every sales call. We look for those customers, accounts and lanes that let us keep you moving. We don't take just any freight, never have, never will, it has to be profitable for us and for you.
- Welcome to Watkins
In 1932 when Mr. Bill Watkins (BW to his friends) started his 3/4 ton Dodge pickup to haul his first load of produce from Thomasville, GA to D. Pender Grocery Stores (later Colonial Stores) in Norfolk, Virginia I'll bet he was excited, nervous, probably tired from loading the truck himself. No way could he have known that with that one trip he was launching a family business that 83 years later would be a strong, diversified, well-funded, all American company known as Watkins Associated Industries.
But enough about our history, what about your future, what are you starting today?
WATKINS Refrigerated (a WAI company) is a regional refrigerated carrier based in Central Florida, with operating units in Conley, GA, Dallas, TX and Chicago, IL.
We feel WATKINS Refrigerated is the best choice for today's owner operator, an excellent partner for you, and a company committed to helping you grow your business. We thank you for visiting our web page; please feel free to browse around. In the end we hope you'll call one of our recruiters to discuss how a partnership with WATKINS Refrigerated can help you build your own business and secure a future that will always be there for you and your family.
As an Independent Contractor you need some help to make it.
You need a carrier partner that will get you out, keep you informed, get you home, pay you what you made. Pretty simple stuff that we take very seriously.
At Watkins we have been doing just that for 83 years.
You have many choices today, that makes knowing what you need and want even more important.
You are a professional driver, no question about that, how do you rate as a small businessman/woman?
Could you run a better business with better business help? One of the main differences with WATKINS Refrigerated is our commitment to helping you understand your business and to learn how to manage it more effectively. Bottom line you make money, we make money.
We help you learn how to make more money.
We do it with our in house Contractor Relations Manager, available to you 24/7 to discuss any issues you have.
We do it through our partnership with ATBS, an industry leading provider of small business support for truckers. From ATBS you get a dedicated business advisor, available to you at any time to answer your questions, a profit and loss statement at the end of the month, shows you exactly what you made, where it went and how much you have left.
So it’s time for you to decide, just a driver or a successful small business owner?
First step; call our recruiters today, 800-695-9643, let us help you build a future that will be there for you and your family. Thanks for considering WATKINS Refrigerated.
There's no time like the present to get started!
At WATKINS Refrigerated we offer what we feel is an Industry best lease purchase program. In partnership with a Nationwide leader in quality used trucks our program offers you;
- A choice of 2007 to 2011 model year, low mileage trucks
- You can look at and test drive trucks at multiple locations
- No money down
- Simple credit check
- 9% interest rate on your loan
- No balloon payment at the end of your lease
- 90 day major component warranty
- A business/bookkeeping service as a part of your loan.
- Extended maintenance programs available
At Watkins we understand you are a professional driver, you wouldn’t be here if you were not. We understand you have a desire to own your own business, to secure something more than a weekly paycheck.
What we think sets our program apart from others is our commitment to helping you become a successful small business owner. From Day 1, we have people and programs in place to help you achieve your financial and personal goals of owning your own business.
- Small business owner orientation - this program is designed to help us understand what you know and what questions you have for us.
- Business Development manager who will work with you daily, helping you understand and manage your small business.
- ATBS service - this business management and bookkeeping company is considered an industry leader in helping owner operators manage their business. You will receive a personal business advisor who will handle all of your bookkeeping issues; you will receive a monthly profit and loss statement, showing you precisely what your cash flow was. Quarterly and Year end, ATBS will help you with tax filings. And a great thing about this service - completely tax deductible.
There is something to seeing your name on the door of your truck.
At Watkins we understand that many of you see added value in maintaining your own authority.
At WATKINS Refrigerated we can you offer you the sales and backroom support to keep you moving and profitable.
You have the desire, pride and ambition to run your own trucks, consider letting WATKINS Refrigerated support your efforts.
Call and talk with a recruiter today about Power only opportunities with WATKINS Refrigerated.
So this is where you expect us to promise you the moon. This is where some carriers tell you can run anywhere, work any time and still make a fortune.
That's not who we are or how we do business. If you've been around, you know that we all have to take care of our customers.
We believe in straight talk.
We can tell you exactly what you’ll do in any of our fleets, show you a good average of what you’ll make and let you try different fleets until you find one that fits you.
Please call one of our recruiters today at 800-695-9643 and ask them what life is like in our Southeast Fleet or how does a week work for our operators running the East Coast.
Company Solo System Driver -
- Fair compensation program that pays you for all you do - $18 per hour or 38 CPM (More for those of you with your HazMat endorsement) Detention paid @ $15.00 per hour and pay starts at your appointment time.
- Home Time that balances work/life â€“ out 5-7 days, home 2
- 2 weeks' vacation after 1 year
- 9 paid Holidays!
- 401K with company match
- Year Round Work
- Safe Equipment
- Reasonable Dispatches
- An Open Door policy giving you immediate & responsive support when you need it
- Benefits for You and Your family including major medical, (both HRA and POS plans available), dental, vision, prescription plans, wellness programs, tuition assistance
Call us now at (800)695-9643 to speak directly to a Recruiter